So ICYMI, Suit’s star Meghan Markle got engaged to Prince Harry of Wales. And while we thought that the official prenup photos were gorgeous, the wedding was so much more! Indeed, some girls really do get their happy ending with prince charming ~swoon~
There are many cuter moments that happened at their wedding that went down last May 19, 2018. Let’s run through it, shall we?
1. The wedding took place at St. George’s Chapel in Windsor Castle. It’s the same place Prince Harry was baptized!
2. Meghan’s Trail was embroidered with meaningful flowers. Clare Waight Keller of Givenchy, the designer of her wedding dress, incorporated all the flowers of the Commonwealth into Meghan’s veil upon the bride’s request.
3. Meghan had the cutest entourage!
4. Since Meghan’s father just got out of surgery, her father-in-law Prince Charles walked her down the aisle.
5. If you notice the seat next to Prince William, it was widely speculated that it was left empty to commemorate Princess Diana. Sorry guys, it wasn’t! The simple truth was, it was vacant so that Queen Elizabeth II wouldn’t have an unobscured view of the ceremony.
6. The moment Meghan and Prince Harry were face-to-face by the altar, Prince Harry told Meghan “I’m so lucky” and “You look amazing”. AWWWWW
7. Among the songs sang in the wedding were elegant renditions of “Stand by Me” and “This Little Light of Mine”. While this might not be a big deal for some weddings, it was a HUGE deal for this wedding. These songs aren’t really on the traditional #RoyalWedding OSTs, making it another showcase of Meghan inserting modernity into the Royal traditions.
8. Now that they’re married, Meghan and Prince Harry are officially the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.
9. The Duchess of Sussex is wearing the Queen Mary Filigree tiara, which obviously previously belonged to Queen Mary. Her Majesty, The Queen, loaned Meghan Markle the headpiece for the big day.
10. Yet again breaking another code, Prince William was the Best Man at Prince Harry’s Wedding. The Princes first broke the no-Best Man tradition of the Palace when Prince William got married and Prince Harry was his Best Man. Of course, the rest of the Royal Family was there, too!
11. And of course, the Bridal Bouquet which had ample significance. The arrangement consisted of scented sweet peas, lily of the valley, astilbe, jasmine, astrantia and myrtle. It also included forget-me-nots, personally handpicked by Prince Harry from his late mother’s garden. It was a sentimental gesture to Princess Diana as they were her favorite flowers.
12. White flowers were the main decor through the wedding, it’s a homage to the late Princess Diana who loved white flowers.
13. Yet another rule breaker is the Royal Wedding cake. Made by pastry chef, owner of the London-based Violet Bakery, Meghan and Prince Harry’s lemon elderflower cake is said to have incorporated the flavors of Spring to mark the couple’s new beginning!
14. Rumor has it that Prince Charles was very accommodating to Meghan’s mother throughout the wedding day. Wearing a cream lime outfit with white floral embroidery at the bottom, Doria Ragland is new to this whole world of glitz, glamour, and royalty. Prince Charles made sure she wasn’t overwhelmed with the whole affair.
15. While many people thought that Meghan’s wedding gown was a bit bland, her reception dress surely wow-ed the whole world. Meghan and Prince Harry looked like they’re the main characters of the next James Bond movie!
What did you think of the #RoyalWedding2018?
Photo Credits: Getty Images