What makes every wedding bright and lovely are the well-thought arrangement and styling of the floral decorations. From the table centerpieces and garland-draped ceilings to the most fancied bouquet, everything must be oh-so-perfect! You need a team that can flexibly work on your desired theme as timely as possible. To kickstart the planning, you gotta put these five major items on top of your checklist:
- Experience – You need someone who can professionally guide you throughout the process. One of the big signs whether your chosen florist and-or stylist is qualified or not are the years they have spent in the industry. Check the way they give you suggestions and how knowledgeable they are on the process. You can also ask them about the venues they have worked on before and see if they have already done it on your chosen wedding site or reception. These can help you assess how big or small the job is going to be if you will choose to sign off the deal with them.
- Examples of work – Another biggie is the quality of their service. How to find out? Dig out photos of their sample works from their social media accounts or website. At this age, everything is already on the web. But to be sure, you can visit their office or shop and check their samples of bouquets, centerpieces, floral decors, etc. This can definitely help you see if they have the style that you are looking for or if they can give you inspiring alternatives that are closer to what you want to achieve.
- Schedule – How many weddings are they going to handle on the same day as yours? Are they going to drop ’em and go? Or assist you all the way? It is better to figure this out as early as possible. You don’t want to be the bride who runs like a headless chicken on your wedding day because your florist is M-I-A. Make sure to discuss the kind of service with the person who will actually take care of all the wedding flowers and see to it that you’re going to get what you have paid for.
- Flexibility – You are eyeing for something grand but your moolah is kind of tight. Is your chosen florist willing to work within your budget? Can they give you more practical ideas and alternatives? This is definitely a major thing to talk about your first meeting. This can help determine the direction of the preparations thereafter. Trust that professional and seasoned florists know how to go around this matter and hearing what they have to say could be the best advice you can get.
- Services – Are they just going to design the event? Are they going to do the setup and deliveries, too? Given your budget, some florists can work around it and give you a package that is fitting just for you. You may be able to get some extra services and items to complement the decors; so, ready your pocket for any possible additional fees that might be unavoidably added on the list.
It sounds like a lot of work but hang in there, dear. Everything will be alright. As soon as you have found the best team for you and have written everything on paper, things will just fall on their right places.